Title: Assistant Director, College Persistence
Department: College Scholars
Report To: Ays Necioglu, VP SEO Scholars, College
SEO College Scholars has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director of College Persistence to support and lead a team of College Persistence Advisors, ensuring the student outcomes targets are met. The Assistant Director will serve on senior management team, will lead several scholarship and external partnerships.
- Supervise and manage outcomes for a team of College Persistence Advisors and Summer Fellows
- Supervise and ensure staff document student progress, proactively identifying issues that may arise and make suggestions for reparative action
- Provide coaching and support to team, ensuring student engagement targets are met; analyzing team outcomes data on a weekly, monthly, semester, and annual basis
- Contribute content to the planning and running of annual events, including the College Success Series, the Summer Career Institute, and the Winter Institute, other small workshops as needed
- Maintain and collect student data pertaining to external scholarships and partners, overseeing reports delivered to partners on a regular basis
- Design scalable scholarship tracking model for use on a student basis and external reporting to funders
- Implement advising curriculum to guide the timelines of College Persistence Advisors
- Develop and lead programming for the San Francisco College Scholars, responsible for all student engagement and outcomes
- Track spending and budget for San Francisco College Scholars on a regular basis, ensuring expenses do not exceed budget
- Serve on senior management team in department, providing support as needed to department-wide initiatives
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have LMSW, successfully completed administration track with focus on human service leadership, program design and administration or related concentration from accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of staff management experience
- One year of graduate school field placement within either youth-focused or education-focused agency, (or work experience working with high school and college-aged students if not at the graduate level)
- Must have experience in working with high school and college students, both forstudents (program administration) and with them directly (direct clinical practice, in or out of school, with measurable outcomes and results)
- Successfully completed Seminar in Field Education course in order to be a Field Instructor for MSW graduate interns
- Experience in designing and running both small and large scale events is a plus
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Highly data-driven, with outstanding attention to detail, working with a sense of urgency at all times
- Must be a team-player, have maturity and communication skills working with different stakeholders
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must have demonstrated experience in showing adaptability to changing situations while maintaining focus on deliverables, comfortable with managing up to senior staff and collaborating with team to achieve results
- Proven results and outcomes from execution to implementation on events and initiatives for students and staff
- Embody a creative and strategic approach to problem-solving on an interpersonal and macro team level capacity
- Experience in managing teams to meet individual and team outcomes in a timely manner
- Proven ability to make financially effective decisions to execute on program initiatives
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (data tracking, analysis and reporting), ability to manage large data sets, (high proficiency in creating and working with VLOOKUP and pivot tables is a must).
- Familiarity with foundational clinical social work techniques in working with clients in an educational setting
- Previous experience in providing direct support and guidance to students individually or in group settings
- Strong written and spoken professional communication, confidence in communicating with a range of stakeholders (students, staff, executives, board members, etc).
- Program design and evaluation skills (workshops, small events, pre-post surveys, basic needs assessment design and analysis)
Interested candidates should send their resume attached as a PDF, and cover letter in the body of the email to Ays Necioglu at email@example.com with “Assistant Director” in the subject heading. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college–with a 90% college graduation rate. In high school, we offer intensive year-round academic preparation via a carefully-calibrated, rigorously-assessed course of supplemental education. In college, we continue to support students through each of their four years, providing one-on-one academic, personal and career exploration support. For the 2016-2017 school year, SEO is serving 880 High School Scholars and over 610 College Scholars attending schools in 180 campuses across 25 States.
SEO Scholars is a College Board Innovation Award Winner (2011), has received independent evaluation from Policy Studies Associates confirming the program's effectiveness, and in 2013 won the "Effective Philanthropy in Urban Communities" grant from Columbia Business School, after competing with 137 non- profits in the Education sector. SEO has received media coverage on USA Today, New York Post, NBC News Education Nation, and ABC7, to name a few. Most recently, SEO received a 5-year grant from UBS (a global investment bank) to develop the UBS NextGenLeaders Program to serve 125 Black and Latino males in 12th grade from NY, CT and NJ and ensure they graduate from college. SEO's board is chaired by Henry R. Kravis, the co-founder and co-CEO of Kravis, Kohlberg & Roberts, a global private equity firm. Under Mr. Kravis' leadership, SEO will double the number of students we accept into the program from 125 9th graders to 250. Additional information on SEO Scholars can be found on our website: www.seoscholars.org.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V