Responsible for the administrative and clinical operations at the Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Initiate and review policies/procedures.
* Ensure Center complies with all licensing and regulatory bodies/agencies.
* Ensure compliance with corporate policy and procedures.
* Support and ensure the development of an active, continuous quality improvement program.
* Promote a safe, health, ethical and humanistic work environment.
* Meet affirmative action goals established by the organization while maintaining a work environment which respects and supports cultural competence and proficiency.
* Recruit, lead, manage, train, supervise, recognize and develop staff to achieve established objectives; provide quality services in a work environment reflecting teamwork and mutual respect.
* Conduct or supervise annual performance reviews of staff, including assessment of past year accomplishments corresponding to objectives set in previous reviews, coming year objectives corresponding to current program goals and professional development objectives.
* Oversees clinical programming and documentation.
* Arrange admissions through referral material, interviewing referred clients/families, and facility tours.
* Determine financial support of placements and obtain initial authorizations.
* Review discharge plans.
* Approve all discharges.
* Participate in the MN Council of Child Caring Agencies.
* Full on-call duties.
* Assure program participant privacy is maintained by being knowledgeable and following HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
* Work as many hours as needed to complete the job.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Supervises others; Unit Supervisor, Therapist, Case Manager, Crisis Management, Support Services
* Works under general direction.
Decision Making Authority/Self-Initiative:
* Authority to formulate, affect, interpret or implement management policy/procedure.
* Compares and evaluates possible courses of conduct, and acts or makes a decision after the various possibilities have been considered. The decisions made may consist of recommendations for action rather than the actual taking of action.
* Carries out major assignments in conducting the operation of the business.
* Performs work that affects the business operations to a substantial degree.
* Authority to commit the company in matters that have a significant financial impact.
* Authority to waive or deviate from established policies/procedures without prior approval.
* Provides consultation and expert advice to management.
* Involved in planning long- and short-term business objectives.
* Investigates and resolves matters of significance on behalf of management.
* Represents the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances.
* Hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other decision in employee status, or his/her recommendations regarding such are given particular weight.
Professional relationships to be maintained:
* Residents, families, referral sources, payers, host county, community professional and co-workers.
Avanti Center for Girls offers a continuum of shelter, evaluation and residential treatment services. Avanti uses Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to treat adolescent girls, ages 13-18, experiencing mental health issues. Diagnoses include depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress and emerging personality disorders which often present as self-injurious behavior and hospitalizations for suicidal ideation. Family involvement is incorporated into all stages of treatment.
If interested, apply directly at http://www.voamnwi.org
Click Careers – click View Opportunities