Bachelor's degree in a related field of expertise. In some cases, a position –specific master's degree will be required. In cases where a Master's degree is required, it will substitute for 2 years of experience.
5 years experience working in an appropriate field with at least 2 years experience of overall responsibility for program direction, coordination and implementation.
PhD in Health Services Management/Quality Improvement, or MD with post graduate training in Health Care Improvement.
Certification in process improvement will be an added advantage. Experience in global health. Familiarity with science of improvement and measurement methods. Experience planning and managing improvement projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of position requirements and able to perform position in compliance with all requirements/regulations/laws. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences.
- Skill in supervising, mentoring, and teambuilding in order to provide guidance and instruction to others. Ability to take a lead role in performing and directing various advanced, routine and maintenance procedures. Ability to exercise the initiative and resourcefulness necessary for prioritizing multiple and ongoing projects.
- Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Skill in data manipulation and analysis with an ability to solve problems and make sound judgements. Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Writes and presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Demonstrate pleasant and positive interactions with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers. Reaches compromise and consensus to influence and negotiate. Remains calm and is able to manage conflict, and works well with a diverse workforce. Approachable style allows others to be open in sharing thoughts and ideas.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.