| Student and Campus Life (SCL), encompasses everything a student might do outside of the classroom. This includes sports, recreation, health, wellness, housing, dining, Greek life, public service, career service, and many more. |
As part of the SCL group, Residential & Event Services (RES) provides a wide array of services to students, families, faculty, staff, alumni, conference guests, and visitors to the Cornell campus.
Under direct supervision from the Building Coordinator and Support Team Leads, performs physically intensive and detailed custodial maintenance of Cornell's Student Centers or other assigned area(s) which are deemed essential operations. All employees are accountable for supporting the organization's values of trust, respect, excellence, teamwork, integrity; and supporting inclusive and sustainable practices in carrying out everyday responsibilities.
These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and maintaining restrooms, public corridors, lobbies, offices, classrooms, multipurpose rooms, etc. to the established departmental cleaning standards
- Providing room setups for conferences/meetings/events in the Student Centers.
- Working face-to-face with students, staff, faculty, and other building users throughout the shift. Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing to interact with building guests and students regarding thier meeting/seminar/conference needs
- Maintain grounds in the immediate vicinity of the assigned area, by sweeping sidewalks and shoveling snow.
- Report damage, safety issues, and routine maintenance needs to their Leads and/or Building Coordinator.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and extreme temperatures for extended periods.
- Must be free of debilitating dust allergies, or have the ability to manage such allergy.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of operating related power equipment and cleaning
- Responsible for the maintenance of all types of carpet and floor care.
Flexible schedule is needed to support special events and times set by the University (Opening, Closing, Reunions, etc.); some pre-scheduled weekend/workday work; overtime hours are needed to maintain essential building operations during inclement weather.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and 1-year of demonstrated experience in a customer service field.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. consistently throughout shift moving tables, chairs, furniture, etc.
- Ability to operate necessary power equipment (i.e. floor machines, vacuums, buffers, etc.)
- Able to climb an 8 ft. ladder.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English.
- Poses and maintain a valid NY State driver's license
- Prior custodial, event set-up experience, knowledge and previous experience working with audio video equipment in a Student Center, Event Center, and/or Conference Center operation, preferred
When applying, please remember to attach your application materials (Resume/Cover Letter) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please visit: https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/how-we-hire
University Job Title:Custodian S02
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Dana Burton
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-03-07-08:00