Associate I - Utility, Dougherty Hall (full-time, 12-months)
Posting Number: 20171291S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 412-Dining Services Operations
Performs a variety of tasks required in keeping trays, dishes, silverware, cups, glasses, etc., clean, sanitary, and available for service. This person will work with management and co-workers to instill and foster the value of the Villanova Mission Statement and the Dining Services Mission Statement. This person will focus on our Core Values : Safety and Sanitation, Friendly Courteous Service, Quality, Meticulous Attention to Detail, and Safety. All of our associates should improve our systems and overall operation.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scrapes, cleans, sanitizes, and replenishes all dishes, trays, silverware, cups, glasses, salad bar pans, and etc. Properly stores all clean pans in lowerators, racks, and/or on shelves.
- Operates dish machine and records proper temperatures. Loads and unloads dish machine
- Disposes of food wastes and trash
Sweeps and mops floors.
- Performs other duties and assists with projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning practices.
- Previous food service experience helpful.
- Ability to understand and follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated area.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 30 lbs independently.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use various chemicals.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures (hot/cold).
Special Message to Applicants
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
Tuesday and Saturday OFF
Posting Date: 03/06/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: $10.60/hour
Salary Band: D
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10823
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency