Program Coordinator, Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Posting Number: 20171285S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 709 - Office of Diversity and Inclusion
This position reports to the Associate Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion and provides broad project, program, communication, and administrative support to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI). Responsibilities include: manage the AVP's schedule, maintain the ODI website and social media presence, develop disseminate and maintain a report of the University's diversity statistics, maintain the departmental budget, coordinate staff schedules, process interdepartmental forms using the Banner record system, provide coordination and planning support for major ODI's projects and initiatives, such as the Underrepresented Faculty and Staff Support Events, Intergroup Dialogue Program, Intercollege Diversity Committees, One Book Villanova, Underrepresented Presidential Scholar program, IGR Brown Bag Lunches, Webinars, Campus Conversations and assorted workshops.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Office of Diversity and Inclusion through the coordination and planning support of our full range of special programs and events, such as Underrepresented Faculty and Staff Support Events, Intergroup Dialogue Program, One Book Villanova, Underrepresented Presidential Scholar program, Brown Bag Lunches, Webinars, Campus Conversations and assorted workshops.
- Maintain ODI social media presence on the departmental web site, twitter account etc. Support other internal and external outreach efforts to promote awareness of ODI and build strong and inclusive constituent relationships.
- Gather the latest University diversity statistics and create a report that will be updated once a semester and maintaining a statistical data base on diversity within the University.
- Coordinate cross functional diversity committees and teams including the intercollege diversity committees and institutional diversity team consisting of Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Center for Access Success and Achievement and Office of Intercultural Affairs.
- Coordinate the departmental budget and Concur (Purchasing Card) management.
- Maintain and coordinate schedules for professional staff, screen incoming calls and walk-in contacts and ensure telephone coverage for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Manage personnel tasks related to work study student including hiring, record keeping and supervision.
- Secure confidential office documents.
- Record and disseminate minutes for staff meetings.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required.
- At least 3 years of experience required in higher education (or like environment) as a coordinator or related position in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- The Program Coordinator must be: comfortable working in a dynamic, intercultural environment; self-motivated and results oriented; competent in managing intercultural conversations; demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills; be able to demonstrate excellent writing and verbal skills; demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, excellent attention to detail; and must be able to protect confidential information.
- Excellent computer skill, command of Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn new computer programs is required.
- Desired educational experience in fields related to diversity and inclusion.
- Special training or experience in diversity work is preferred.
- Second language skill is desired.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
The Program Coordinator will be required to support occasional evening or weekend programs.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 02/28/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Competitive
Salary Band: G
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10793
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency