| POSITION DETAILSThe Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College is the largest school of business accredited by the American Association of Colleges and School of Business (AACSB). There are currently some 15.000 undergraduate students pursing Bachelor of Business Administration degrees in seven academic departments: Accounting, Economics/Finance, Law, Management, Marketing and International Business, Real Estate and Statistics/CIS. The Academic Programs Assistant reports to the Director of Undergraduate Programs. The Assistant will provide academic service support for the Office of Undergraduate Programs, advising students with registration issues, assisting and organizing events and orientations, and processing of Zicklin academic appeals for the Office of Zicklin Undergraduate Programs.The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:|
* Provide information and review of Zicklin eligibility, admission requirements, policies and procedures.
* Process appeals in a Microsoft Access database including generating reports and letters and emailing faculty.
* Process applications for Baruch Students taking courses outside of Baruch based on Zicklin E-permit policy and procedures.
* Advise students with registration issues, use CUNY-first to create wait list for academic semester, and grant ZKTP permission to students for their courses.
* Assist with and coordinate Zicklin Undergraduate orientations and other events/activities.
* Serve as a Zicklin Undergraduate representative at various functions as needed.
* Respond to in-person, email and phone inquiries about Zicklin Undergraduate programs. Maintain conference schedule by assigning courses specific classrooms.
* Maintain inventory and supplies for the Office of Zicklin Undergraduate Programs.
* Proctors for large lectures if necessary.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree required. Two years of relevant experience preferred. Candidates must have experience and proficiency with MS Access and solid Excel skills. Good working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint. Familiarity with CUNYfirst and Oracle PeopleSoft preferred. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Be able to prioritize and work accurately in fast-paced environment with short-around deadlines, and handle multiple assignments and projects simultaneously.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWProvides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's specialized academic program.
* Supports the directors and managers with orientation preparation, student advisement regarding program requirements, and providing basic information about financial aid and registration
* Manages office records including faculty files; prepares reports and surveys; collects and maintains statistical data on program activities
* Serves as liaison to various College offices to provide service delivery and appropriate referrals to students
* Collects and reviews syllabi to ensure compliance with standards
* Serves as resource person for students and faculty regarding program policies and procedures
* May supervise office operations and/or monitor department budget
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Academic Program CoordinatorCUNY TITLEAssistant to HEOFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITS$39,282 (based on contract rate to be implemented effective April 20, 2017)CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEApril 6, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* Academic Programs Assistant*Job ID:
* 16473*Full/Part Time: