Advertised Employing Department: Civil, Construction & Environmental Engineering
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering (CCEE) (www.ccee.iastate.edu) at Iowa State University invites applications for the position of Department Chair. The chair is responsible for the scope and effectiveness of the teaching, research and outreach efforts of the department. Candidates are expected to have an exemplary record of achievement in research, teaching and service at a level sufficient to qualify for appointment as a tenured Full Professor, a strong commitment to diversity efforts, and to have demonstrated university and professional community leadership. We seek a dynamic and innovative leader with a bold vision for the future of CCEE at Iowa State as we continue to expand the impact of our research and education in construction engineering and management, transportation engineering, structural engineering, environmental/water resources engineering, and geotechnical/materials engineering.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and will be expected to share our commitment to achieving excellence through diversity and inclusion. The CCEE Department Chair will work collaboratively with peers, other departments, university administration, and Iowa State’s Institute for Transportation (InTrans). The successful candidate will excel in raising funds and promoting strong relations with alumni and corporations.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD, or equivalent terminal degree, in civil, construction or environmental engineering or closely related field
- Exemplary record of achievement in research, teaching and service at a level sufficient to qualify for appointment as a tenured Full Professor
- Evidence of commitment to achieving excellence through diversity and inclusion
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Budget and personnel management experience
- Demonstrated accomplishment in administrative leadership and team building.
Guaranteed Consideration Date: 05/31/2017
Posting Number: 700026