| POSITION DETAILSThe City University of New York launched a major University-wide initiative called the CUNY Service Corps in the fall of 2013. The Service Corps builds on CUNY's legacy of service in New York City and on the programs currently in place offering experiential and service-learning, community service, and internship opportunities for students. Service Corps projects focuses on meeting the City's most pressing needs in four thematic areas: community and public health; built and green infrastructures; the education of children and adults; and economic development. Service Corps projects helps support participating students' success in college and preparation for the workplace by making meaningful links between projects and college coursework and majors, fostering structured reflection among participants, and offering students valuable work experience and exposure to real-world careers. Student projects will be during the academic year in community organizations, schools, government agencies, and working on research and planning efforts with individual CUNY faculty members.To promote community-engaged knowledge, leadership, service, academic success and workplace readiness, the CUNY Service Corps program uses New York City as a context for learning with opportunities for students to gain experience and develop skills in leadership, civic engagement and advocacy.The CUNY Service Corps program at City College seeks an entrepreneurial and student-centered professional to serve as its campus Service Corps Manager to implement and promote the University's student service model and program fostering community engagement and responsible citizenship. The Service Corps Manager will administer and expand the program's components, training, recruiting and student employment functions via comprehensive planning, management and assessment. Working in partnership with students, faculty, administrators and staff members across various home and partner campus and University offices, plus external community partners, the Service Corps Manager will organize meaningful opportunities for students; seamlessly integrate the program into campus activities and priorities; deftly negotiate the usage of and access to campus resources; and diplomatically manage stakeholder relationships to sustain involvement. This position reports to the Director of Leadership Initiatives within the Office of Student Engagement Initiatives.Other duties include, but will not be limited to the following:|
* Lead campus-based informational and recruitment events and participate in University-wide activities.
* Evaluate student applications for eligibility and coordinate group interview activities to identify and select 150-200 participants.
* Implement the pre-service training curriculum to prepare students for engagements.
* Advise students on engagement opportunities to ensure suitable matches for optimal learning and success.
* Conduct regularly scheduled individual or group advising or debriefing sessions to engage students in meaningful reflections on and discussions about their engagement experiences, personal development and community contributions.
* Develop and implement an annual plan aligned with our campus mission, guidelines and priorities and the program's tenets.
* Manage the administrative, operational and financial aspects of the program.
* Manage data analysis and assessments to evaluate essential performance metrics and indicators of effectiveness.
* Work with the campus and University offices to create effective communication strategies, channels and materials.
* Maintain a comprehensive database of student participants and community programs; prepare and submit all required program and student data reports and plans for campus and University reviews as scheduled.
* Coordinate campus participation in program activities and participate in University-wide meetings to assess evolving needs.
* Collaborate with site-based liaisons to facilitate appropriate and satisfactory student placements, services and supervision; share campus and University-specific information; and ensure compliance with guidelines and record-maintenance.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Advanced degree in education or a social science discipline strongly preferred
* Six years' experience developing and managing service learning, community service, civic engagement, volunteerism, field work, and/or experiential education programs in higher education
* Experience developing program models, evaluating performance and analyzing data/metrics
* Experience managing a multi-faceted, fast-paced, time-sensitive, and demanding student-focused and responsive operation serving both internal and external constituents
* Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills to work and interact effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with a diverse community of students, faculty, staff and external constituents in a large centralized public university system
* Detail oriented with strong analytical, evaluation, research, writing and editing skills
* Presentation, negotiation, conflict management, mediation, group facilitation skills
* Computer proficiency using standard office software programs/applications
* Flexibility to work some evening hours and occasional weekends preferredCUNY TITLE OVERVIEWManages the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of student programs and quality of life issues, promoting the personal development of a diverse student population.
* Evaluates student needs and trends to develop a range of student services
* Develops and administers specific programs and general activities in support of student needs
* Develops relationships with college departments and outside community organizations to understand student needs and available development opportunities
* Represents the College in campus-wide and university-wide groups and councils focusing on priority student issues
* Manages staff, fiscal resources, and facilities supporting student affairs activities
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Student Life ManagerCUNY TITLEHigher Education AssociateFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYIf you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
* Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
* Click "Search job listings"
* Click on "More search options"
* Search by Job Opening ID number
* Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.CLOSING DATEApril 6, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* City College of New York*Job Title:
* Service Corps Manager*Job ID:
* 16474*Full/Part Time: