Performs daily cleaning tasks for patient rooms, nursing station, lounges, restrooms, office, clinic areas and other assigned areas in accordance with standard procedures and St Anthony Hospital standards and objectives. Also, transport patients/equipment and supplies throughout Healthplex facility.
- Interact with patients, staff, fellow workers and others professionally promoting cooperative relationships by anticipating needs, being respectful, caring and courteous in a timely manner.
- Maintain communication status and receive job assignments utilizing the interactive "Patient Tracking System" .
- Transport patients/equipment between nursing units, diagnostic areas, doctors' suites, morgue and other areas of the hospital.
- Assist (aid) hospital staff, with lifting, turning and transferring patients to applicable transport equipment, such as stretchers, or wheel chairs.
- Transport blood and other specimens on both a STAT and routine basis.
- Perform basic and heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Adheres to administrative and Healthplex house rules, policies, procedures and objectives.
- Complete all assigned tasks related to ensuring facility cleanliness and the transportation of patients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- High school diploma or GED.
- Related experience in a health care setting.
St. Anthony Hospital –
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.