We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whist small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Product Executive within M&G's Institutional Fixed Income business. This individual will provide broad-based support to the Product Development and Management team. The role will support new product development; developing new fund ideas and undertaking competitor, product and market research to feed into product strategy as well as assisting in the on-going management and maintenance of the existing range of M&G Fixed Income institutional funds and the associated processes and governance model.
You will be responsible for the following tasks
* Preparing product management feasibility studies / reviews.
* Undertaking annual fund review / post implementation reviews and identifying product improvements.
* Market research / competitor analysis (to support new product development/idea generation).
* Assisting with the development of product strategy for the Fixed Income business including undertaking product mapping / gap analysis.
* Developing new fund ideas from an investment and client perspective.
* Supporting ad hoc reviews and M&G wide projects.
* Keeping up to date with industry changes / product structures / fund domiciles.
* Maintaining the product development and management process, undertaking product reporting and reviewing risk profiles.
What we are looking for
You will have demonstrable experience within the asset management industry, preferably in a product development / management role. In addition you will have an understanding of different fund structures and regulatory requirements including AIFMD and UCITS across a range of jurisdictions. Also, you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge of portfolio management across fixed income asset classes, ideally to include alternative investment strategies. This role would ideally suit a self starter with a track record of working on own initiative to tight deadlines, with strong communication skills and excellent analytical and report writing skills.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.