Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of the Role:
The Global Ethics Office at State Street handles compliance monitoring and enforcement for all Company entities globally over policies dealing with some of the most critical compliance matters of our business, including policies relating to:
- Anti Corruption
- Personal Trading
- Conflicts of Interest.
- Ethics and Business Practices
We are currently seeking a consultant within the Global Operations team. The successful candidate will support the global, regional and functional Ethics teams to drive operational efficiency, quality and consistency within a robust control framework and will report to Assistant Vice President, Head of Operations & Methodology.
The role will be primarily be responsible for maintaining governance and oversight of the Global Ethics Office offshore operations team while proactively engaging with Global Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to analyze and drive offshore processing opportunities and efficiencies within a risk excellence framework. In addition, the role will assist with the maintenance and data collation of global operational initiatives, such as business as usual (BAU) operational procedures and privacy program.
This position is perfect for an individual who has previous offshore management experience, strong analytical, operational end to end processing skills, with a keen eye for detail and who is looking to develop their career within a Compliance environment.
Role specifics (please update as required, red text example only)
- Support day to day offshore operations as required and advise offshore team leader / manager in various aspects of team operations
- Ensure an effective oversight framework is maintained for offshore operations
- Review and monitor staffing, utilization, SLA accuracy rates and Governance Reporting of offshore function
- Collaborate with SME teams to identify processing efficiencies
- Support implementation of robust controls and procedures offshore
- Drive open and collaborative communications ensuring prompt issue identification and resolution between offshore and global teams
- Assist with monitoring and management of operational procedures
- Participate in operational projects as required
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Level of Education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years relevant experience
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Results focused
- Ability to interact effectively within a global team
- Ability to influence colleagues and analyze facts to reach optimal operational outcome
- Ability to deliver operational performance improvements