University High School seeks an experienced Data Manager.
The Data Manager is part database administrator and engineer, part analyst and developer, with a healthy dose of project management thrown in. The Data Manager is responsible for keeping the school’s data systems working together, assisting departments and end-users to find and use the data they need, and specifying and/or developing new data systems as necessary.
The school’s core data system suite is Blackbaud’s Education/Financial/Raiser’s Edge, operating on a Microsoft SQL server, supplemented by a variety of custom-developed PHP/FileMaker Pro-based applications, and several third-party web-based services. This position represents an excellent opportunity to help the school chart a course forward to a more modern, user-friendly, data solution.
The Data Manager must be both a great people person, able to listen to and understand end-user needs, as well as have a great technical mind for organizing and managing the transfer of data between systems, and for distilling end-user requests down into actionable technical specifications.
For more information and to apply, please go to the school’s website: http://www.sfuhs.org/page.cfm?p=3723
Responsible for management and integration of the school’s administrative computer database programs. Works with all administrative offices to ensure the school’s data is kept and updated accurately and timely, and that all stakeholders have appropriate access.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Integrates records management software into the day-to-day needs of the school.
- Establishes and maintains record keeping standards.
- Establishes computer hardware and software standards for database end users.
- Enhances administrative systems with custom programming for school records management, Admissions, Registrar, College Counseling, Community Engagement, Summerbridge, Development, and other systems.
- Supports academic systems with FileMaker Pro programming and customization.
- Evaluates administrative data requests; if needed, the ability to upgrade or replace existing data systems, and/or develop a custom database and/or report.
- Manage data system solution installations and updates by vendors or outside consultants as needed, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provides back-up support for academic faculty/student users of database systems as needed.
- Develops and maintains data import and export links between report writing and database programs as needed.
- Coordinates with and advises other Technology Office staff on the correct installation of database client software, correct backup procedures for database servers, and other issues as they arise.