KidWorks, a well-respected community development organization located in central Santa Ana, restores at-risk neighborhoods one life at a time and serves over 800 children, youth, and parents every week through preschool, after-school tutoring and enrichment, leadership development, and community engagement and advocacy. To learn more, please visit http://www.kidworksoc.org.
In partnership with the Director of Development, the Grants Manager develops and implements a comprehensive grant strategy to meet the financial and operational needs of the organization and to contribute to the organization’s overall fiscal health and sustainability. The Grants Manager assumes primary responsibility for development and execution of all foundation, organization, corporate, and government grants. He/she identifies, prepares and submits grant applications to diverse grant making organizations. The Grants Manager coordinates all activities pertaining to grants and grant cycles, including application, submission, follow-up communications, and required reporting for each grant. Grants Manager establishes and maintains close working relationships with KidWorks staff, program directors, and administrators associated with programs. The Grants Manager, working with the Director of Development, is responsible for expanding and diversifying KidWorks’ grant opportunities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Grant Leadership and Relationship Building:
- Cultivate and steward a portfolio of foundation, corporate and government grant prospects and donors
- Develop and foster relationships with institutional donors or family foundations; find personal connections with staff, board, trustees, volunteers, donors that will ensure the attention of organizational donors
- Research new potential prospects for KidWorks’ priority programs and identify new opportunities for foundation, corporate and public finding support through extensive prospect research and tracking RFP announcements
- Work with senior program staff to ensure that high quality proposals and reports are submitted as required
- Work as a member of the Development team supporting the full range of programs, including staffing and supporting special events and other institutional priorities and programs
- Organize and lead site visits with KidWorks’ executives and staff
- Interface with Communications Manager to support the creation of strategic, brand-consistent communications and marketing
Grant Writing and Report Management:
- Responsible for all aspects of grant proposal development, including conceptualization, budgeting, writing, editing, and managing deadlines
- Manage grant proposal submissions and track responses
- Manage a diverse portfolio of grants from several funding sources and ensure they stay on track with deliverables and reporting requirements
- Ensure that grant proposals move expeditiously through the proposal development process, focusing on timeliness, quality, consistency, and compliance of grants processing
- Coordinate grant reporting and compliance with program and accounting staff
- Develop methods and systems to assess the impact of grants and funded programs
- Manage and maintain grant donor information, donation history and correspondence
Develop evaluation goals, metrics, and data collection plans for individual grants
- Develop solid understanding of the work of the supported programs, its strategies, and how specific grants fit into its framework
Perform other duties as assigned.