Edmonds Community College is committed to diversity, equity and social justice. The college values its talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity and equity. We are intentional about social justice – the active engagement toward equity and inclusion that addresses issues of institutional, structural, and environmental inequity, power and privilege.
Reporting to the Senior Project Analyst under the Manager of Application and Data Services, the Business Systems Analyst will provide project support and system/application support as assigned using defined guidelines.
The Business Systems Analyst will receive direction from the Senior IT Project Analyst to execute project and system support tasks. This will include partnering with the other teams within the Information Technology department to work on projects and ensure successful implementation of new processes and systems. Duties may include, but are not limited to: documenting business requirements, identifying process steps, researching issues and problem solving, collecting and analyzing data, testing new services and systems, preparing presentations and materials for purposes of communication and training, conducting effective training sessions for end-users, learning functionality for specialized business applications and performing administrative tasks in the applications.
The nature of the work will be varied, addressing day-to-day support needs of enterprise systems while also working with business areas to create new efficiencies throughout the organization. To accomplish these tasks, the Analyst will use multiple tools such as the Google Apps environment and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint), and will be required to gain thorough knowledge of new services and systems.
Job responsibilities include:
- Application of system analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications:
- Analyzes and evaluates information system requirements.
- Researches potential solution options; documents and presents findings related to feasibility, costs and benefits.
- Acts as primary point of contact, as needed, and works closely with subject matter experts across the college, IT management, vendors, developers, and other members of the project team, to implement solutions and promote effective communication.
- Provide design, development, documentation, analysis, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and/or related to user or system design specifications:
- Writes detailed descriptions of data needs, business processes, program functions, and steps required to develop, install, test or support information systems.
- Creates test plans and performs testing of systems solutions.
- Writes step-by-step instructions and provides training to end-users of information systems.
- Provides end user and back-end system administration support for business applications, performing data reporting and development as needed.
- Works with end-users and IT staff to perform data analysis and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt position reporting to the Senior Project Analyst.
For information on how to apply, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents, below.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position will perform detailed computer work in an open office environment with possible distractions and interruptions. Work may involve extended sitting or repetitive hand and arm motion. Options for performing work from home or other off-site locations may be available with supervisor approval.
The salary range is $45,562 – $48,349 and is based on the current administrative/exempt salary schedule, with placement based on education and experience. The college provides an excellent benefits package including 24 vacation leave days per year. This position is FLSA Exempt and therefore not eligible for overtime pay.
Work schedule will be 40 hours per week. Expected work hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, but alternate work schedules should be expected.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- You must document your citizenship or employment authorization within three days of hire.
- Position is subject to a criminal background check.
- All new positions are contingent upon funding.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted.
In addition to completing your online application and supplemental questions, the following should be included with your application:
- Responses to supplemental questions (part of online application and used in screening process – please be thorough).
- Letter of interest addressing the Required and Desired Qualifications.
- Current resume.
- Names and contact information for three additional references.
- For veterans’ preference, please scan and attach your DD214, Member-4 form.
To apply, go to www.edcc.edu/hr and click on Current Job Openings.
EDMONDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE:
Established in 1967, Edmonds Community College is a public, two-year, state community college. It strengthens our diverse community by helping students access educational and career opportunities in a supportive environment that encourages success, innovation, service, and lifelong learning. It serves more than 20,000 students annually, including more than 1,400 international students from 62 countries. The college offers 68 associate degrees and 58 professional certificates in 29 programs of study. Its highest enrolled programs are the Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degrees, Paralegal, Allied Health (pre-nursing degree), Business/Accounting, Construction Management, and Culinary Arts. The college is located in the center of the growing south Snohomish County communities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, Mill Creek, Mukilteo, and Woodway. For more information, visit www.edcc.edu.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Edmonds Community College is an equal opportunity employer and assures equality of treatment in educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may call 425-640-1470 or 425-6401832, or email email@example.com, and accommodations will be made to the extent reasonably possible. The Human Resources Office is accessible to persons with disabilities.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.