The role of the Branch Manager is to lead, guide and manage the operations, service delivery and business growth of the region, based out of the North Coast branch office. The Branch Manager will drive superior operational performance and profitability within the region, and actively seek out and secure opportunities to leverage and grow the business in that region. This includes strategic/business planning, recruitment, training, people management, administration, client relations, finances and business development. The Branch Manager will also define the region’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout.
- Participate with the senior management team and other Branch Managers in the strategic planning process, and ensures operating plans for the Region are aligned with the overall corporate plan.
- Works with the Vice President, Business Solutions to create and finalize revenue targets and operating budgets for the region.
- Facilitates the planning and execution of new business opportunities and joint ventures, and works effectively with the Vice President, Business Solutions to ensure new opportunities are consistent with the Securiguard vision and values and align with the overall business plan for the region.
- Manages monitors and reports on key performance indicators (including financial performance) for all aspects of Securiguard’s service delivery in the region, in keeping with KPI’s established for other Branch offices.
- Implements and documents streamlined processes to increase efficiencies and communication between the frontline, operations and administration in a way that ensures seamless service delivery, both internally and from the customer’s perspective.
- Ensures that all services delivered meet the required standards of the company’s Quality Assurance Audit process.
- Works with the operations and administration teams to ensure contractual agreements for both staff (labour agreements) and customers (rates, service commitments) are executed as promised; makes recommendations for any needed changes, and ensures changes are made in a way that protects the company and maintains the highest quality of service for the customer.
- Manages the activities of the Branch Office on a daily basis, and acts as a resource and conduit of information for addressing operational issues and problem solving; makes the final decision on appropriate course of action.
- Manages corporate growth relative to the strain and stress on the branch office and staff; ensures adequate staffing, facilities, equipment, technology, and office space are in place to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Recruits, retains and develops the operations and administration teams to ensure their individual and collective performance is meeting company and Branch goals and objectives.
- Clarifies the roles and responsibilities for all operations and administration team members, ensures they are aware of what is expected of them, scope of authority, and relationships to others, and that they have the resources to do their work effectively.
- Provides ongoing and regular performance feedback to all direct reports, and recognizes their efforts and contributions on a timely basis; works with them to implement development plans to support their professional growth.
- Conducts operations, admin and site management team meetings on a regular basis, for the purpose of process reviews, goal setting, an opportunity to address issues and concerns, and promote team work.
- As a key member of the Securiguard management team, acts as a peer mentor to other Branch branch managers, and strives to maintain a free flow of information with other members of the management team; actively participates in meetings and conference calls to ensure alignment of the BC North Coast operation with the overall Securiguard brand.
- Develops and maintains key account relationships, and orchestrates regular account reviews to ensure clients are realizing value in their partnership with Securiguard.
- Actively pursues new business opportunities in the region through prospecting, connecting with business contacts, referrals and others; works to secure new business that achieves both revenue and profitability goals for the region.
- Participates in proposal strategy development, bringing creativity in identifying appropriate security solutions to the mutual benefit of the customer and Securiguard.
- Participates in the delivery of presentations to existing and potential customers, partners, and suppliers or external stakeholders.
- Enhances Securiguard’s profile through attendance at and participation in community and business events, such as those offered by the local Chamber of Commerce, Oil and Gas, RTA, LNG and other clients and perspective clients in the region.
- Ensures Securiguard’s service offerings and communications are consistently presented with a strong, positive brand image, and that the company is viewed as a responsible, environmentally aware member of the community.