About the Organization:
The mission of New Moms is to express the love of God by surrounding young moms and their children with all they need to transform their lives. New Moms is a 33 year old nonprofit organization, with a budget of about $3 million and a staff of about 40, focused on serving young moms in Chicago and the near western suburbs. New Moms’ model provides a comprehensive range of services to young moms and their children including supportive transitional housing, workforce development, early childhood services, and parenting support and education. New Moms’ headquarters is located on the west side of Chicago in the Austin neighborhood. Our social enterprise, Bright Endeavors, which provides paid transitional jobs for young moms, is located nearby in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. We also have an office in Oak Park serving the near western suburbs.
About the Job:
The Bookkeeper (Finance Coordinator) assists the Assistant Director of Social Enterprise with many aspects of financial accounting and bookkeeping. S/he is primarily responsible for ensuring that all bills and invoices are entered and documented correctly as well as for building and maintaining sustainable systems in a fast-paced environment. S/he works closely with Bright Endeavors’ Operations, Sales, & Marketing teams to achieve financial tracking goals. Pay: $15-18/hour DOE.
1. Collaborate with Assistant Director and outside accounting service to implement improvements to accounting systems – especially around linking and ensuring accuracy between a variety of payment sources – Electronic Funds Transfers, Quickbooks Payments, Square, Shopify, etc.
2. Assist in completing monthly financial reports.
3. Process all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable with appropriate backup.
4. Regularly monitor cash flow and ensure petty cash is responsibly managed.
5. Process payments, make frequent deposits, and accurately file appropriate backup.
6. Enter QuickBooks data: item updates, invoices, payments, adjustments, builds, and new products.
7. Implement sustainable filing and organizational system for managing needs of a growing business.
8. Occasional cost analysis of various special projects.
9. Occasionally assist with production and off-site sales as necessary, especially during busy season.