Position is responsible for performing semi-skilled cleaning of a variety of facilities on campus including, but not limited to: laboratories, offices, rest rooms, lounges, hallways, and stairwells to ensure a clean, professional and safe working environment. Position assists with the cleaning and maintenance of tools, equipment and work area. General labor duties on a routine andor regular basis based on operational needs are required.
Position is tasked with observing and exercising professionalism established and Institute unique safety precautions and cleaning standards. Position is responsible for safeguarding various access control devices. Position provides customer service to Institute employees and guests as needed.
A HS diploma or the equivalent is preferred.
- Standard work schedule is: Monday- Friday, 2:00am-10:30am.
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Must be able to adjust regularly assigned work schedule based on workload and deadlines (earlier startlater end).
- Must be able to work overtime as required based on operational needs (including occasional weekends).
- Must be able to work on ladders for a variety of tasks.
- Successful completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Must be willing to work in any or all of the following environments: vivarium, laboratories where blood-borne pathogens, radioactive, and biohazard materials are storedused and with which biological studies are performed.
- Must be willing to submit to a post-offer physical.
- A DMV driving record background check may be required. A Class C motor vehicle license and clean driving record will be required in order to drive Institute vehicles.
- Willing to sign an employee confidentiality agreement.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
As a safeguard for employees and animals, all FS employees may be subject to vaccinestestsphysical exams prior to working with specific animals or animal populations as required by research needs including but not limited to:
TB TestingClearance (every six months twice a year)
Measles (proof of immunization andor vaccination)
This position requires constant standing, bending, walking, reaching, seeing, touchingfeeling, grasping, handling, lifting 0-20 pounds, carrying 0-20 pounds, pushing 0-20 pounds, exposure to fumes, odors, mists and dusts, potential hazards and potential allergens.
Applicants must include a resume with application submission.