Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1598
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a Research Teaching Specialist IV for the Department of Cell Biology & Molecular Medicine. The Research Teaching Specialist IV will conduct specialized research and assist in the management and coordination of the laboratory of Dr. Stephen Vatner, Principal Investigator.
- Plans and conducts research experiments; provides methodological direction for research experiments.
- Edits and revises manuscripts, grant applications, progress reports, journal articles, letters, PowerPoint presentations, theses and other scientific documents.
- Drafts and edits animal research protocols for submission to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee; drafts Institutional Biosafety Committee applications.
- Monitors inventories of laboratory supplies and reagents. Identifies items that need to be re-ordered.
- Provides general administrative support to the research program run by the PI.
- Performs a wide variety of biochemistry and molecular biology procedures and techniques, including immunohistochemistry procedures with transgenic animal models of heart disease, Western blots, breeding and genotyping mice, TUNEL staining, calculating myocytes cell size, and performing fibrosis measurement.
- Maintains data in prescribed format; assists in interpreting data, keeping detailed records of procedures and experiments.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess good organization and documentation skills, and must demonstrate good communication skills in English. Must be comfortable working quickly and accurately in a stressful, deadline driven work environment. Must be able to prioritize and quickly learn new techniques and work independently, with careful attention to detail. Must be able to work additional hours on short notice when necessary to meet key deadlines. Accessible by email.
Department: NJMS-Cell Biology & Molecular Med