Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1589
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Manager of Facilities for the Rutgers School of Nursing. The Manager of Facilities will be responsible for the oversight of facilities management operations and planning of six academic buildings in four locations that span throughout the state of New Jersey, six nurse-managed clinics, and a mobile clinic (van). Responsibilities include planning, organizing, and coordinating all functions, including allocation of space, access to space, coordination with all central facilities and maintenance departments, and project management for the planning of new space.
- Plans and schedules the work of the department to maintain maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment, and materials within budgetary requirements.
- Manages plan and access for faculty and staff space allocation through all School of Nursing (SON) facilities.
- Serves as a project manager for the construction, modification, and the facilities planning related to any current or future SON locations.
- Manages the planning process and implementation of capital improvements and renovation projects.
- Serves as the unit representative in negotiating with product providers in obtaining quality supplies and equipment at fair market value; manages development of RFP process; develops and implements single-source vendor contracts to obtain equipment and supplies.
- Manages, assigns, and evaluates the daily work of assigned staff; interviews, recommends selection of job applicants, trains and evaluates current employees, and conducts informal counseling on work issues as needed.
- Serves as a liaison to campus-wide Facilities and Capital Planning Department; monitors requests for repair/renovation, approves work orders, and reviews all operational activities within SON facilities.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
Five (5) years of related experience preferably in academic operations. Experience in developing and completing capital projects preferred. Knowledge of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Demonstrated computer proficiency in order to perform the essential duties. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Demonstrated success in support for clinical and educational programs. Outstanding human relations and leadership skills and the ability to function in a team environment required.