Corporate Sales Manager - Inn at Villanova
Posting Number: 20171282S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining existing business and solicit new business through sales lead generation in the corporate market segment. The sales manager solicits new business through traditional and non-traditional sales techniques. Most important duties include generating revenue, establishing new accounts, monitoring booking space, booking repeat business while keeping quality consistently high, conducting catering sales presentations and sales calls also falls under the purview of this position.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for:
- Achieving or exceeding individual and sales goals.
- Obtaining leads and capturing social blocks and functions.
- Marketing the property as a one-stop location for corporate meetings, receptions, dinners, trainings, retreats, overnight rooms, etc.
- Prospecting, identifying and securing all corporate business including meetings, trainings, retreats, receptions, and all other aspects of the corporate market. Actively solicits new business through phone calls, letters, and site tours in order to secure contracts and ensure guest satisfaction .
- Participating in Professional Membership Organizations to meet new prospects and remain updated with industry information and trends.
- Inputs data to generate contracts, update client files, and enter information into TBD booking software.
- Training and empowering sales team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions.
- Ensuring that the property is maximizing the use of all Villanova University and local programs (i.e. CVBs, PAMPI, Networking memberships).
Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Ability in strategic planning, staff coaching and development, marketing, budgeting and analytics to drive measurable results and focus resources on work that will excel revenue growth.
- 3-5 years of combined sales, leadership, and development experience.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Reporting tools.
- Knowledge and ability to learn technology platforms including PMS, POS, TBD booking software, etc.
- Ability to use PC, General AV.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10807
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency