| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. '
Must be available for all days and all shifts
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Continuous movement throughout the Medical School Complex with need for flexible hours, short notice schedule changes due to manpower needs and ability to work in varying weather patterns. Response Officers/Bike Patrol Officers perform duties in the established uniform and primarily on foot. Officers assigned to the Bike Patrol or other special duty may be provided with a bicycle or motor vehicle.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is Operations and Facilities Management Department (OFMD), Medical School Security. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
****Please Review Preferred Qualifications Section Below ****
Position assists with enforcement of university policy/procedures and applicable criminal law, patrolling facilities and responding to emergency situations on a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week, 52 weeks a year basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides internal/external patrol of university properties, noting any safety/security hazards and forwarding them to the proper department for resolving the hazards.
- Receives/compiles information for incident reports and conducts initial and follow-up investigations, as assigned.
- Responds to emergency situations, determining and taking the appropriate action to resolve the situations.
- Apprehends criminal suspects for on-view or reported criminal activity.
- Conducts building rounds, checking access control devices, door locks and proactively looking for any possible safety or security hazard. Use problem solving skills to resolve issues found during building rounds. Locks/unlocks doors to permit entry at appropriate times.
- Assist Medical Center personnel and visitors with directions and provide escorts when requested. Partners with customers in assigned geographical areas and assist them in resolving multi-department issues.
- Takes possession of found property, attempting to locate the owner, and securing property according to established procedure.
- Enforces the parking regulations of the university in cooperation with the Transportation Office.
Equivalent of 1 year of college or technical/business school training with 2 years experience as security officer in the military or a large institution.
The hiring range for this position is $15.37 - $19.22 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in interaction with the public and background and commitment to customer service.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong ability to establish rapport with members of a diverse campus community, establishing partnerships and exchange of ideas and information used to address campus community concerns.
A military or police officer background also helps to be successful in this role.
In addition, the following criteria are also preferred:
- Computer and typing / keyboarding skills to be able to complete department incident reports in timely manner.
- Degree in Criminal Justice.
- Two to three years’ experience as an armed Security Officer in a professional security organization.
- Applicable Law enforcement or Military training.
- Licensed Missouri EMT-B. Certification as Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Member.
- Ability to get and maintain a St. Louis Metropolitan Security License.
- Class E Driver’s License or equivalent. Illinois residents must have FOID Card.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy.