NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research.
For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
The OD & Change Specialist operates as an internal consultant responsible for delivering a full spectrum of general OD and Change Management services at the individual, team, departmental, and organizational levels throughout NYULMC. OD & Change Specialist's work as: individual contributors, members of project teams in the organization and as partners with external consultants. The OD & Change Specialist reports to the Director, Organizational Development and Change Management.
- Conducts action research to inform the design and delivery of relevant services and interventions including, but not limited to strategy, teambuilding, conflict management, group facilitation, leadership development and change management
- Provides developmental coaching to managers and leaders, including coaching around skills needed to lead and sustain change
- Oversight of a portfolio of assessment instruments like 360, MBTI, Strengthfinder, etc. Identification of best assessment instrument(s) for leadership development programs.
- Supports leaders of various change initiatives to conduct stakeholder analysis and impact assessment, develops and implements change management strategies and drafts communication programs for a broad range of change initiatives.
- Develop associated tools, resources and training to build change capability in the organization
- Support the implementation of the enterprise-wide engagement survey; in particular, work with departmental and unit leaders to develop strategies and action plans to improve engagement levels over time
- Establish strategic partnerships with external and internal sources and vendors.
- Evaluates programs and services making necessary changes to content and/or delivery to optimize effectiveness
- Ensures OD and Change Management best practices are consistently applied within the organization and that new, innovative trends within the field are adapted.
- At least 3 years' experience in Organizational Development, Change Management or related role. MBA or a Master's Degree in OD, Organizational Behavior/Psychology, or a related field preferred.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, plus political savvy, learning agility, and high energy are essential to success.
- Viable candidates must have strong knowledge of OD and Change Management theory and practice, and experience with OD, Change Management and consulting interventions, including cutting-edge approaches to organizational transformation and change management e.g. Prosci Methodology.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must demonstrate a deep client service ethic and orientation.
- Experience conducting stakeholder analyses, developing change management plans and drafting communications supporting change initiatives.
- External consulting experience is a plus, as is prior experience in OD in health care settings. Experience with executive coaching, multi-rater feedback and Myers-Briggs facilitation preferred.
- Strong program management skills
- Attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- A deep customer service ethic
- Ability to be a team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Knowledge and Skills:
- Enterprise-wide system thinking
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Cultivates innovation
- Plans and aligns
- Action oriented
- Manages ambiguity
- Communicates effectively
- Organizational savvy
- Interpersonal savvy
Business Office Setting.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well.
We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.