NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Staff Physical Therapist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating physical therapy needs and implementing comprehensive, medically prescribed physical therapy treatment to assigned patients in a supervises program of rehabilitation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for certain level of patient care productivity as indicated by individual Unit Procedures. Demonstrates the ability to provide expected patient contact as indicated by productivity reports and patient contact analysis.
- Participates in Clinical Education of Fieldwork students and other professional educational endeavors. Teaches and supervises assigned students in the appropriate techniques, skills and procedures. Demonstrates a genuine interest in assisting students in enhancing their knowledge and skill levels. Encourages positive learning experiences for Career Opportunity Students and other Non Fieldwork students.
- Completes all required documentation for patient care and reimbursement. Completes and plans all required documentation in medical chart as required by Department guidelines and JACHO/CARF requirements. Clinical Documentation is through and completes using appropriate medical and clinical terminology. Accurately records all treatment given including completion of the daily treatment record.
- Implements Treatment Plans and Protocol according to current professional and health system standards. Establishes achievable and appropriate treatment goals with patient and family. Considers a variety of validated treatment approaches and rationales for achievement of patient goals. Selects appropriate technical aids/assistive devices and correctly refers patients to other clinical services to achieve stated program/team treatment goals. Assesses educational needs of patient, families, and implements a variety of methods for patient/family education and training during rehabilitation process.
- Initial Assessment and Evaluation of Physical Therapy needs for specifically assigned patient populations - Reviews medical chart to ascertain important medical information and clarifies referral/Treatment orders if necessary for unfamiliar diagnosis. Selects appropriate assessment tools and methods in order to accurately determine the patients status for developing optimal treatment plan. Demonstrates effective clinical decision making and implements changes/adaptations to the Treatment Plan when appropriate.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy. New York State Physical Therapy License or temporary permit. Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Licenses: Physical Thrpst License-NYS
Master's Degree in Physical Therapy or related field
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.