Requisition # 60607
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Longs Peak Hospital
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Full-time
<!--[if !supportLists]--> 64 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->First Shift Days - Monday through Friday with rotating weekends and holidays
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
The new 53 bed hospital in Longmont will join UCHealth and Longmont Clinic's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Longs Peak Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
Summary Medical Lab Scientist
Performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Complies with good laboratory practice and regulatory requirements.
- Performs projects as assigned as well as serves as a consultant to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed
- Bachelor's Degree and graduate of an accredited Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist program
- Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) or as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or categorical ASCP certification in a laboratory specialty/subspecialty as applicable to job responsibilities
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.