Requisition # 60623
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Longs Peak Hospital
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Full-time
<!--[if !supportLists]--> 70 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->First Shift Days - 7 on 7 off 10 hour shifts includes weekends and holidays
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
The new 53 bed hospital in Longmont will join UCHealth and Longmont Clinic's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Longs Peak Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
Summary Ancillary Health Technician
Responsible for phlebotomy and 12 lead electrocardiograms
- Independently performs and maintains accountability for venipuncture and capillary puncture in the general units.
- Promptly charts interventions and test results into the various computer systems: generates reports as required; reviews, distributes and files reports according to procedures.
- Independently performs and maintains accountability for cardiovascular tasks including: 12-lead EKG, Signal Averaged EKG and pacemaker checks.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Orders, stocks and maintains supplies as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of a course in Phlebotomy or relevant experience
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.