Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
ES&I TA Lead
The Therapeutic Area (TA) Lead of Evidence, Science, and Innovation (ES&I) is a member of the US Medical Affairs Evidence for Access (E4A) Medical Unit. He/she is leading the in-house real-world evidence generation in one of the TA (BioOnc, I+O, or Spectrum). He/she works closely with E4A asset leads of the same TA and other internal stakeholders to design and execute observational research using in-house real-world data (RWD). As a subject expert, he/she also review and design retrospective observational studies that are conducted by external vendors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support E4A asset leads in corresponding TA to design, execute, and publish observational research with in-house claims/survey/EMR data.
- Participate in E4A asset strategic planning and lead the execution of RWD studies with internal resource on behalf of E4A asset lead.
- Develop and/or oversee research protocol and statistical analysis plan. Design and execute appropriate methodology (e.g., propensity score matching, regression analysis, etc) for RWD studies.
- Mentor junior staffs/analysts to conduct the analyses, review the results, and
- communicate the findings. Oversee the analytic execution to ensure the analyses are conducted with the highest accuracy and quality.
- Develop knowledge in assigned TA area and identify new data source, method, and
- collaboration opportunity to address business need.
- Assist internal stakeholders to review protocol and support the design of prospective observational research.
- Establish a strong partnership with E4A asset leads and other stakeholders to ensure high customer satisfaction from the in-house collaboration.
- Prioritize resource and support based on the business impact of deliverables.
- Support the Head of ES&I on operational excellence.
Who You Are
Education and experience:
- Master and/or doctorate degree in data science, economics, epidemiology, public health, psychology, statistics, or other health services research-related disciplines.
- A minimum of eight years’ previous work experience in consulting, academic/research institute, and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in functions such as health economic outcomes research, epidemiology, statistical analysis, marketing, etc.
Skills and abilities:
- Deep expertise in observational research methodology. Ability to design appropriate analyses to answer research questions.
- Strong oral and writing communication skills to summarize and explain the findings to audiences who may not have technical background.
- Strong hands-on research and SAS programming experience of large claims databases.
- Excellent knowledge in the US reimbursement coding system
- A strong track record of publication in peer-reviewed journal
- Experience in partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Ability to prioritize and adjust project plans appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications and solutions
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of medicine and make a real difference in the lives of people facing the most challenging medical conditions. Plus, you’ll thrive in our one-of-a-kind culture, where diversity is celebrated, employees are valued for their contributions and we all serve as advocates for change who continually find ways to do things better.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply" button below.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has multiple medicines on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran
Apply Link: http://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job/apply/3398008219?src=JB-11480