Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
ES & I Researcher
The Researcher of Evidence, Science, and Innovation (ES&I) is a member of the US Medical Affairs Evidence for Access Medical Unit. He/she assists the ES&I Therapeutic Area (TA) lead to design, analyze, and interpret observational research using in-house real-world data (RWD). As a subject expert, he/she may also review and design retrospective observational studies that are conducted by external vendors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist ES&I TA lead to execute retrospective observational studies using in-house RWD
- Analyze secondary data, including insurance claims, electronic medical record, patient survey, and disease registry.
- Design, develop, test, implement, validate, document, and maintain effective and efficient SAS programs for conducting, analyzing and reporting observational database studies.
- Contribute to program library and web-based tool development and maintenance.
- Provide quality check of peer analyst’s programs.
- Evaluate new data sources and research method
Who You Are
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements. Years of experience listed below can be substituted with equivalent, relevant competency levels.
Education and experience:
- Master and/or doctorate degree in data science, economics, epidemiology, public health, psychology, statistics, or other health services research-related disciplines.
- A minimum of four years' previous work experience in consulting, academic/research institute, and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in functions such as health economic outcomes research, epidemiology, statistical analysis, marketing, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in observational research study analysis
- Working knowledge of relevant national healthcare systems, specifically with large observational and insurance claims databases, experienced with diagnostic, procedure, and pharmaceutical coding systems
- Broad and integrated knowledge of all aspects of the programming discipline
- SAS Base, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SQL and macro programming experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Advanced statistics and health economics concepts are a plus.
- Experience in publication in peer-reviewed journal is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Ability to work independently on all assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to prioritize and adjust project plans appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications and solutions
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of medicine and make a real difference in the lives of people facing the most challenging medical conditions. Plus, you’ll thrive in our one-of-a-kind culture, where diversity is celebrated, employees are valued for their contributions and we all serve as advocates for change who continually find ways to do things better.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply" button below.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has multiple medicines on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran
Apply Link: http://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job/apply/3397892844?src=JB-11480