This position will be responsible for creating/leading a new health economics and outcomes research function for an emerging Specialty Pharmaceutical company. As the architect of the new function, your role will include defining and executing against all the tasks necessary to support the successful launch in the first half of 2018 of a new potential blockbuster specialty product, OPN-375. This will include activities related to market access and reimbursement, pricing, health economics, including construction of appropriate economic models, phase III and phase IV research, AMCP and global value dossiers, assessment of disease burden and HRQoL and related activities. The HEOR leadership role will include conduct and publication of studies, direct engagement with external stakeholders, extensive interaction with colleagues in both clinical research and marketing, and other activities which maximize the value of Company assets.
The successful candidate will thoroughly understand, and be able to effectively apply knowledge of the current pharmaceutical market access environment and of technical aspects of pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research (including psychometrics) in order to optimize Company product launches and research programs. The candidate will be able to communicate their insight effectively and influence Company actions, and will be able to attract and grow professionals in the field. He/she will also have a significant existing network of contacts in the HEOR community, with HEOR and market access vendors, and with payers and payer influencers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop HEOR plans that support reimbursement and market access strategies and support new product development
- Lead the design and execution of HEOR studies that demonstrate and maximize the value of assigned products
- Develop and integrate PRO’s into clinical trials that demonstrate clinical, economic, and humanistic product value to customers and payers
- Manage the efficient and timely development of high-quality HEOR deliverables (global value dossiers, peer reviewed publications, and health economic models)
- Use database studies and interviews with external stakeholders to broaden understanding of disease treatment and medical resource utilization patterns
- Develop economic models reflecting clinical data, literature reports, database research findings, and expert opinion
- As appropriate and consistent with Company strategy, develop research partnerships with customers, research organizations, academic research institutions and other HEOR thought leaders to optimize the impact of HEOR research