The Madeira School is one of the country's premier boarding/day schools for girls with a century of serving the needs of a wide variety of young women from around the country and the world. Located just outside of Washington, DC, on the banks of the Potomac River, in McLean, VA, Madeira enrolls 320 students in grades 9-12.
The Madeira School Development Office seeks an individual to join a dynamic office of a leading independent school. The Major Gifts Officer will manage a major gifts fund-raising plan, with an emphasis on individual donor relationships, solicitation activities, and stewardship of high-capacity prospects. This individual should possess a commitment to The Madeira School’s mission, have a passion for education, and have the ability and talent to successfully work with colleagues, alumnae, parents, volunteers, and other members of the Madeira community.
- Management of major gift portfolio of approximately 125 alumnae and parents.
- Analysis of prospect research and development of strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans
- Achievement of key metrics, including minimum of 30 face-to-face visits per quarter
- Working knowledge of moves management and familiarity with fundraising software; preferably The Raiser’s Edge
- Communication and advocacy on behalf of the needs of the School
- Completion of contact reports and other pertinent information following donor visits
- Coordination of appointments, including travel arrangements and reservations
- Participation in School and development-related meetings, events and other special projects
- Some evening and weekend work including time in support of the residential life program; extensive travel