Network Engineer I
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Location: Wheeling, WV
Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity in our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV for a Network Engineer I.
The Network Engineer I is a non-exempt position that with minimal supervision will provide assistance, technical support and administration in the areas of servers, storage, connectivity and applications. This position will work with both Orrick's Systems group and Network group.
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized college/university or equivalent work experience.
- Two plus years of experience in the areas of Network Operations. This can include a combination of Network Administration (LAN, WAN, routing and switching).
- Knowledge of VOIP, Voice Mail systems, ACDs and T-1 circuits.
- Experience in any of the areas of IP Telephony, video or data communications design and technical troubleshooting.
- General proficiency with Windows Server operating systems and utilities is required.
- Knowledge of content and Proxy devices including Microsoft ISA, and Bluecoat.
- Experience in the use of desktop and/or server hardware and Microsoft operating systems is required.
- General proficiency with Windows desktop and MS Office suite of products is required.
- Knowledge of Cisco devices; VPN concentrators, Cisco PIX/ASA, switches, Layer 3 Catalyst switches, routers and routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Proficiency with firewalls, intrusion detection and other security measures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange.
- Knowledge of DMZ access lists and configurations.
- Knowledge of network monitoring and troubleshooting tools such as sniffers, cable analyzers and SNMP based management tools.
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Paralegal and Professional Staff listing at www.orrick.com/careers/. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.