Colorado Health Medical Group
Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic
This position is PRN, no guaranteed hours, shifts vary.
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Produces and records high quality sonographic images in accordance with physician practice protocols. Responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, performing all exams and providing a preliminary summary of findings to the physician. Provide direct patient care that ensures efficient access to safe, quality and compassionate care, in an environment that is welcoming to patients and their families. Work in partnership with other healthcare professionals to provide the best medical care possible to all patients. Performs provider/physician order entry and transcription.
- Responsible for complete patient care; to work independently, greet patient, verify identification, physician order, explain procedure, respond to patient questions and concerns, prior to start of procedure to facilitate patient education, cooperation and minimize patient anxiety.
- Observe patient well-being for any unusual occurrence and ensure patient wait-exam time is kept to a minimum.
- Perform patient assessment on neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients according to the physician practice. Obtain, correlate, and document pertinent patient history and clinical data to support medical necessity and facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- Acquire and analyze data obtained using ultrasound; systematically use technical skills to position and obtain the best images possible. Optimize computer images to enhance diagnostic information for physician interpretation.
- Determine normal from pathological variants through sonographic recognition of characteristics for normal and abnormal tissue, structure, blood flow, proper patient positioning and transducer-instrument selection.
- Associates Degree in Ultrasound or equivalent training, Graduate of a Radiology Technology or Allied Health Sciences program.
- 1-2 years of directly relevant experience.
- RDMS Obstetrics/Gynecology, NTQR, NT certification, nasal bone certification within 6 months of hire.
- American Heart Association CPR certification.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender variance, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.