This position is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of project management work including establishing and maintaining the project program, schedule and budget, delivering outcomes that meet or exceed the established expectations and goals from the planning and design stages through construction, commissioning, occupancy and final close-out of small to large capital construction projects. Also, responsible for all daily activities associated with maintaining the college aesthetic and functional objectives, including timely and economical construction of low maintenance, long life, sustainable, architecturally correct and functional buildings.
- Participates in college long-rang planning process providing technical expertise in all phases of capital construction projects, renovations and major repairs.
- Prepare feasibility and other special studies to compare alternatives, determine viability of potential campus projects and establish cost estimates.
- Manage pre-construction phase project management services including meeting with representatives of the college to: develop program requirements, project scope, project schedule, and project cost estimates.
- Prepares floor plans and furniture layouts showing proposed changes to building space.
- Develops comprehensive construction contract documents for the pricing and execution of owner managed projects.
- Negotiates with consultants, contractors and subcontractors to accomplish work within the scope, schedule and budget of the assigned project, (a) ensures that budgets and schedules are met within acceptable and agreed upon limits, (b) ensures accurate, clear and timely communication with all customers, co-workers, consultants, and contractors, (c) ensures quality construction is performed as per campus standards and contract documents, (d) ensures all laws, codes and ordinance requirements are met, (d) actively seeks involvement and suggestions of co-workers and end users during the planning, design and construction process.
- Reviews preliminary and final plans and specifications and makes recommendations for improving details and constructability
- Prepare monthly reports reconciling projected vs. actual scope, budget and schedule
- Participates in the continuous development of and updates to the multiyear capital maintenance plan and annual capital budgeting process
- Participates in development of continuously improved project processes including design standards, specifications and contract language
- Monitors and updates college site and building/room inventory records in AutoCAD and GIS and reconciles with other campus departments as appropriate
- Maintains reference materials including; product library, ADA manuals and other regulatory materials including building codes and zoning ordinances and updates as appropriate
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position description. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position classification.
Computer & Other Qualifications for Position
- Must be proficient with computer software such as; project scheduling software, AutoCAD, AIA contracts, Maximo, Access and GIS databases and all standard office computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point and Google docs, scheduling, email and calendaring.
Internal & External Contacts
- Serves on working groups and various college committees
- Negotiates with consultants, contractors and subcontractors
- Communication with all customers, co-workers, consultants, and contractors,