NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Financial Analyst.
This position supports the Manager for the Tisch/Rusk Mission responsibilities in the areas of Financial and Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Financial Analysis and Reporting that support the overall financial results of the Hospital. The Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Senior Director & Business Partner Tisch/Rusk Mission of the NYU Langone Medical. Projects will include assisting in supporting strategic planning, operational and capital budgeting, and forecasting activities. Additional projects assisting the Project Manager with longer-term reporting package development, medium term peoplesoft planning, as well as ad-hoc requests that may come from the Chief Financial Officer or Senior Vice President of Hospital Operations or the Chief of Hospital Operations.
- Maintain internal databases to ensure data availability and accuracy.
- Review and analyze causes of trends in financial performance.
- Longer and short-term projects may include supporting operational and capital budgeting, assisting in financial analysis related to business plan developments, analyzing and gathering financial data for annual surveys and external agencies, analyzing budget modifications to the capital and operating budgets, supporting Vice Presidents and their Department Heads to resolve issues related to their strategic areas, and working with Decision Support Services group to establish parameters around cost accounting and labor productivity reporting and analysis.
- Creates mission based financial report packages on a monthly basis with a detailed variance analysis.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or CPA.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with an organization in a shared service environment.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience with a not-for-profit, healthcare institution.
- Cost or general accounting background preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.