NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Graphic Designer.
The Graphic Designer in the NYU Langone Medical Center Office of Development will be responsible for working closely with the Donor Engagement and Communications (DEC) team in the development of communications creative assets across 2-3 Gift Officer portfolios. This individual will determine how best to represent a concept visually and ensure high standards and a consistent look, feel and voice for all donor related communications. The designer needs to be both a strategic and conceptual creative thinker as they will be responsible for partnering with the Creative Director in ideation around custom creative assets for high potential donors.
- Will be responsible for developing all DEC communications for multiple Gift Officer portfolios within the NYULMC development organization which includes elevating the creative product across all deliverables especially high profile materials for principal/major donors and galas such as proposals, presentations, reports, invitations, collateral and videos.
- Ensures a consistent look, feel and voice for the NYULMC development brand that is aligned with the NYULMC master brand.
- Helps manage production of high profile/key projects in conjunction with Creative Director.
- Drives innovation around donor engagement and experience including all types of communications e.g., social Ice Bucket Challenge to event Speed Dating for Prospects/Suspects.
- Collaborates with DEC teams to provide creative, strategically sound solutions.
- Thinks creatively to produce new ideas and concepts across a wide range of media, including photography and design programs.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particular design programs.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Communications, English, Advertising, Marketing or other related field.
- 5+ years of experience working in a creative environment such as an advertising agency or in-house agency as a designer or art director.
- Demonstrated ability in art direction or design including a portfolio of recent work.
- Ability to work across all channels.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent listening and conflict-management skills.
- Highly collaborative and able to work in a team environment.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity, energy and drive, kindness, integrity, and a sense of humor especially under stress.
- Experience in health & wellness or a passion for the space.
- Ability to work independently and in a matrixed environment.
- Computer literacy in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe, Prezi, MS Office, etc.
- Experience with successfully managing outside vendors preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.