NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Biostatistician.
In this role, the successful candidate will work on projects focused on clinical research, health services research, and population health interventions.
- May perform primary data entry into research databases and/or help write methods sections for manuscripts and reports.
- May independently perform relevant literature reviews.
- Perform basic statistical analyses.
- Conduct relevant literature reviews to inform cohort selection, variable definitions, and analytic methods.
- Participate in collaborations with clinical investigators from the Department of Population Health and elsewhere in/outside the institution as relevant for specific projects.
- Import and clean raw datasets, merge files, and create analytic datasets for investigators.
- To qualify you must have a Master's degree in Biostatistics, Public Health, Economics, Statistics or related field.
- Strong statistical computing skills including SAS (and preferably Stata) programming skills.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in clinical or population health research.
- Experience working with health insurance claims and cost and utilization data (e.g., Medicare, hospital discharges, electronic health records, health program costs) is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.