NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Space Management Coordinator.
This position will build, maintain and update the NYU Medical Center Space Inventory, a computer-aided facilites management (CAFM) system integrating CAD documents and a relational database of properties owned or leased by NYU Langone Medical Center (NYULMC). This position will assure completeness and accuracy of the Space Inventory to reflect current real estate portfolio, and will develop and produce reports and plans for feasibility studies and space planning or capital projects. This position assist the Department of Real Estate Development and Facilities (RED&F) in general space planning, space information management and reporting in the context of NYULMC's overall strategic plan.
- Coordinate periodic and ad hoc CAD and functional usage space surveys as required to maintain database.
- Verify room data on an on-going basis, including on-site visits as necessary.
- Coordinate the Requests for Space Information, including producing and delivering queries, reports and plans from the Space Inventory and other sources.
- Maintain data accuracy on drawings and in the database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Knowledge of Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) and/or database management required.
- Must be fluent in relevant software and possess excellent communication skills and graphic proficiency.
- Ability to maintain a close attention to detail and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Some understanding of RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) is key to job performance.
- Basic Qualifications; Archibus/Overlay v. 14, AutoCAD 2000 or above, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Additional Qualifications: AutoLISP routines, VBA, MS SQL Server 2000.
- Background in space planning, facilities management, space information management, or architecture preferred.
- Adobe Photoshop knowledge preferred but not required.
- Experience with academic, healthcare, research facility/laboratory, or space planning preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.