Under supervision and in collaboration with other healthcare professionals, assist in performing a variety of nursing care services forpatients.
- Receive patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge.
- Collect and document data for reassessment at specific times for patient population. Document and provide appropriate data to the ED Physician, RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Maintain knowledge of dysrhythmias and inform physician and/or licensed nurse in a timely manner of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs. Monitor patients that require constant cardiac monitoring while being transported between departments. Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate lead placement for routine cardiac monitoring and 12 lead EKG. Perform 12 lead EKG on patient according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Assist physician and nursing staff with advanced airway procedures, defibrillation, cardioversion, transcutaneous pacing, central line insertion, lumbar punctures, intraosseous lines, endotracheal suctioning, nasogastric tube placement, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis, arterial lines, suturing, and inserting foley catheters.
- Perform venipuntures, insertion and removal of peripheral intravenous catheters from extremities. Perform blood sugar finger sticks, airway suctioning sterile and non-sterile dressing changes, urinary catherization , tracheal care, specimen collection, assisting with procedures, and other related duties within scope of training.
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilize time and supplies economically and conscientiously. Turn over rooms after each patient use: Clean carrier, change sheets, restock supplies, dispose of trash, ensure equipment returns to its proper place, and take care of instrument trays according to the current procedure.
- Assist with delegated clerical duties such as answering telephones, relaying messages, preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated.
- During transport by St. Anthony's Hospital Healthplex Transport Team vehicle, based on demonstrated competence perform all tasks and job functions as listed on the EMT-Paramedic Transport Team competency assessment form.
- During transport by St. Anthony's Hospital Healthplex Transport Team vehicle, transport patients to a receiving department or facility. Safely operate an ambulance and EMS Radios during Non-Emergency and Emergency situations. Clean and maintain ambulance's interior and exterior regularly. Stock and maintain supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilize time and supplies economically and conscientiously. After each patient use: Clean unit, clean carrier, change sheets, restock supplies, dispose of trash, and ensure equipment returns to its proper place.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
- Certified EMT-Paramedic by the National Registryof Emergency Medical Technicians and the Oklahoma State Department of Health.National registry provider level of NRP may be active on inactive.
- CurrentOklahoma driver's license and driving record which meets hospital standards.
- One (1) year of emergency medical service experienceproviding immediate stabilization and transportation of sick and injuredpatients.
- CPR (Healthcare Provider). Advanced Cardiac LifeSupport (ACLS) certification.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. AnthonyHospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898,is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma,as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliatenetwork of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenientemergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of themetropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St.Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the OklahomaQuality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Awardfor High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranksSt. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higherthan local competitors and many national health care organizations.