At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Clinical Services Management Team and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Business Operations Administrator II will be responsible for:
- Designing and producing numerous management and executive level analyses, reports, and presentation materials on hospital activities, including operations, contract review, and hospital department financial performance.
- Preparing ad hoc analyses to evaluate the operating impact of strategic management options. Applies a broad range of expert software, database and hospital finance/operations knowledge to produce relevant scenario analyses and alternative models.
- Maintaining production of dashboard-level budget and operations performance reporting, along with transparent access to relevant explanatory detail, in support of the CAO, VP Clinical Services, and Director of Clinical Operations.
- Working collaboratively with administrative management, Finance, ISD, and HR staff to develop on-demand reporting processes and outputs, as well as improvements to the quality and integrity of database functions and outputs. Developing, implementing and documenting methodologies to extract and compile data from relevant hospital/departmental systems.
- Providing support on matters of billing, payroll, administrative procedures, budgets, and personnel either through direct action, advice or as a liaison with leadership and other analysts as appropriate.
- Working with administrative and clinical leadership to develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services that support institutional goals and objectives. Participating in business planning, identifying personnel needs and resource requirements.
- Contributing to annual budget planning processes, providing reports and analyses, as well as other decision support tools. Providing guidance to department directors and budget managers in the processes and policies of budget planning and submission.
- Providing tracking and reporting of annual capital funding and spending, working closely with Finance and Facilities, while utilizing appropriate systems and applications.
- Providing tracking and reporting on restricted fund activities, including current fund balances, spending trends, and opportunities for CAO, VP Clinical Services, and VP Research Administration.
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Finance, or a closely related field, and at least four to five year's experience in analytical initiatives designed to facilitate operations/performance improvement in complex healthcare organizations.
- Experience with finance, knowledge management, and clinical operations. Master's Degree, strongly preferred.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Clinical Services Management
Standard Hours Per Week: 40