| The HRIS department at Cornell University is a team of 18 Human Resources and Information Systems professionals who are responsible for all aspects of Workday, Cornell's human capital management system. The team delivers information, enables decisions, and ensures processes work well for over 1,600 faculty, 8,100 staff, and 19,500 students. The team is currently looking to add a Configuration Specialist to their ranks!|
What you will do:
You as the Configuration Specialist, in the Human Resources Information Systems department at Cornell University, will have the opportunity to work side by side with Cornell's world class faculty, students and staff at our Ithaca, NY campus. You will provide a full range of support for both existing and customized applications in our HRIS, Workday. This position will give you the chance to take your career to the next level. You will gain exposure to and work with all levels of the organization. The ultimate goal of this position is to provide our Cornell community with the best Workday experience possible! Additionally, you will:
- Have the chance to manage and implement the technical configuration of all HRIS system lifecycles. This will include design, development, testing and deployment of new and existing Workday functionality.
- Love a good challenge, especially as it relates to activities such as providing regular maintenance and break/fix support for existing applications.
- You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other Workday function teams to research and recommend Workday upgrades to leadership that will have university wide impacts.
What you will have:
You will be a people person who is passionate about technology and solving complex problems. We work as a team here so collaboration is key too! Additionally, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree with at least 2 – 3 years' of relevant experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have the ability to develop and configure new condition rules and/or calculation fields for new functionality as business needs change.
- Communication skills are paramount. You will be working with all different levels of the organization and should enjoy explaining complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
We have a few more things that we would prefer you to have, but it's ok if you don't.
- Prior experience working in human resources, especially on HR Information Systems
- Additionally, knowledge or experience servicing in a Business Analyst capacity.
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Resume/Cover Letter/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate. Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site.
No Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
No relocation assistance is available for this position
University Job Title:Applications Sys Analyst II
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:AJ DeDio
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-03-03-08:00