Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1582
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers School of Public Health is seeking a Program Support Specialist for the Office of Business & Finance. The Program Support Specialist will provide administrative support with fiscal matters, purchasing, and management, coordinate office operations, and serve as a liaison between various units and administrative offices throughout the University.
- Acts as liaison with various administrative departments such as Purchasing and Accounts Payable; follows up in a timely manner to resolve problems and questions.
- Provides Marketplace, Expense Management and PeopleSoft training to departmental administrative staff to help expedite and/or troubleshoot issues encountered by staff.
- Organizes and coordinates SPH building improvements and logistical moves with Rutgers facilities and maintenance and outside vendors as needed.
- Supervises the student assistants in creating, maintaining and updating databases and spreadsheets, preparing outgoing mail, UPS/FedEx shipments, filing, and general office organization.
- Submits purchase orders, change orders, check requests, expense reimbursements, etc. for several departments of the School; tracks, maintains and reconciles account balances, follows-up on discrepancies, and resolves any issues.
- Handles Business Office travel and conference arrangements, as well as associated reimbursements.
- Coordinates services such as maintenance, repairs, relocations, telephones, internet connectivity, office supplies, equipment, and mail. Maintains all files for equipment service contracts, and prepares annual renewals.
- Coordinates and monitors contracts and purchases related to large events for the SPH including: Convocation, Student Government Association and APHA Conferences; maintains financial transactions to ensure expenditures are in line with budget.
- Ensures timely documentation completion for PeopleSoft and the Absence Reporting System, including updating
time sheets, time corrections, and payroll for Per Diem faculty and staff.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes data from a variety of sources for inclusion in reports or presentation materials; prepares documents, charts, graphs, tables and spreadsheets utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access; maintains related databases.
Home Location Campus: Piscataway (RBHS)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be proficient in Oracle Cloud, PeopleSoft, Marketplace (Sciquest), Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and other computer applications as required by department.
Requires a valid driver’s license.
Department: SPH-Fiscal Services