| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are: Taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists and technicians, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors. Our experts also play a vital role in clinical research through contributions we make to the development of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms.
We are currently seeking a QA Specialist who will supervise and coordinate the day-to-day quality assurance activities of the Blood Bank Laboratory and Blood Donor Room to achieve efficient and effective operations, to ensure quality service, and to meet the needs of clinical staff and patients.
* Passionate about lab medicine's impact in cancer diagnosis and treatment
* Meticulous in your attention to detail
* Able to demonstrates a working knowledge of the capabilities, goals, and vision of the lab medicine department
* a good communicator
* flexible as Days / Hours vary
Direct and supervises activities of staff in assigned areas. Trains and evaluate the performance of staff. Provides guidance, feedback, and opportunities for development, as appropriate.
- Oversee area operations, prioritizes work-flow, and assigns staff to meet the needs of the laboratory and ensure efficient and quality operations.
- Review work competed by the technologists to ensure accuracy.
- Implement the quality assurance and improvement program, and oversees proficiency testing.
- Perform technical studies, reviews data and testing to ensure accuracy.
- Report results to manager and laboratory director to assist with quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide input into the selection and evaluation of new laboratory equipment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot instruments/equipment to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Ensure availability of appropriate supplies to carry out area’s responsibilities.
- Oversee the upkeep and safety of the laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Biology or Chemistry
- Licensed in NYS as Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- ASCP license preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.