| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering's Patient Financial Services department is seeking a Patient Financial Data Assistant for their growing team.
The Patient Financial Data Assistant Will:
- Obtain, evaluate, and enter in the Patient Revenue Billing System demographic and financial information which is transmitted to all Center systems.
- Generate a large volume of Medical Record Numbers as requested by the Clinical Departments in order to assess pathology slides and/or radiology tests quickly prior to the patient coming in for their first appointment.
- Follow the hospital policy for requesting documentation of patient identity.
- Look up patient in hospital systems according to hospital procedures to ensure that duplicate medical records are not created.
- Correctly enters all insurance-related codes according to departmental procedures for Radiology Medical Record Number requests so that pre-certification can be obtained.
- Respond to issues with a systematic, problem-solving approach (i.e., gathering information and weighing strengths of various solutions) to anticipate, accurately assess, and resolve issues and problems.
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree is required
- 1+ years of experience in a customer/patient service focused environment (face-to-face or phone)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.