Hiring Salary: Yearly-Faculty
Department: Newton Gresham Library
Nature & Purpose of Position/Usual Duties:
This position is responsible for providing professional reference/information services to patrons, teaching library information and research classes to both undergraduate and graduate students, participating in the development of the library’s instruction program, and building relationships with the university community to meet their teaching, learning, and research needs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities includes:
- Preparing guides, web-based tutorials, and content/subject modules that teach research skills, including facilitating access to collections.
- Working with students, faculty, staff, and other library users to locate and interpret library resources in all subject areas.
- Developing expertise in designated subject disciplines and maintaining current awareness of new reference initiatives.
- Serving as bibliographer for collection development in designated subject disciplines and recommends materials for purchase
- Serving as liaison with the faculty in designated departments
- Collaborating with the Instruction Librarian and the other Research and Instruction Librarians to design and develop outreach services to meet information needs of students and promotes awareness of library services and resources.
- Participating in assessment of library services.
- Keeping abreast of activities and changes in the profession.
- Participating in the Reference rotation including some nights and weekends.
- Participating in professional activities, professional development, scholarly research, publication, and service activities as outlined in Academic Policy Statement 900417, Faculty Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion.
Other Specifications/Instructions for the Position:
Review of applications will begin on March 21, 2017.