| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for managing and directing the business management, clinical operations and financial affairs of all operating divisions within the Department, directing various projects for the organization, and providing business management and financial/accounting expertise.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, creates, coordinates and prioritizes budgets in excess of $70 million (operating budget).
- Continuously monitors, directs and analyzes operations and financial performance for multiple divisions.
- Performs financial analysis on a variety of projects as requested by senior leadership.
- Coordinates with the Office of Budgeting and Finance and Office of Program and Finance Planning in analyzing financial issues related to the Department.
- Provides expertise and guidance to various Department leaders in ensuring compliance with operating budget, salary guidelines, University policies and procedures and Department policies and procedures.
- Manages cost/process improvement process for Department as requested.
- Compiles annual Operating and Expense Report for use by senior leadership, Office of Budgeting and Finance, Sponsored Projects Accounting and other departments.
- Develops standard practices and procedures.
- Manages director level reports and provides direction guidance while ensuring effective staffing levels are in place to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Reviews and approves regular operating budget transactions over $10,000 and capital asset (plant fund) transactions over $500. Review and approve all budget adjustments made by Department.
- Assists in on-going benchmarking projects with sister medical schools.
- Reviews and develops rate structures for various “charge-back” services.
- Represents the Department on committees within the School of Medicine and the University as required
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree and CPA/CMA preferred. At least 7 years’ experience in a financial, accounting, budgeting, auditing, or planning function with minimum of 5 years supervising three or more personnel.
- Demonstrates understanding of generally accepted account principles, not-for-profit entities and particularly institutions of higher learning.
- Requires ability to analyze and resolve highly difficult problems, to integrate information from multiple sources, to utilize creative thinking and to exercise considerable judgment and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in ability to prioritize work, organizational skills and management skills and strong record of delivery under pressure.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires diplomacy and confidentiality due to highly sensitive information utilized or accessed.
- Experience in managing and developing senior/director level talent within a business unit.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G17.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.