The Sports Camp Assistant position offers an opportunity for undergraduate students to gain practical experience fostering welcome and supportive communities within a summer sports camp program. Each Sports Camp Assistant will assist with check-ins and check-out, and travel accommodations. The practical experience consists of several parts: intensive training led by professionals in student affairs; student support and customer service; and coordination through hands-on leadership experience. This position reports to the Sports Camp Coordinator(s) who are graduate students enrolled in a Masterâ??s program in Student Affairs.
This position requires excellent organization, communication, and leadership skills; attention to detail; the ability to follow through with assignments; and to work collaboratively as part of a team. In addition, a successful Sports Camp Assistant will approach their work with a positive attitude, energy, enthusiasm, a sense of humor, flexibility, and the interest to work with students and staff from different backgrounds. This live-in position requires staff to display professionalism, maturity, positive role modeling behavior, and good judgement at all times.
- Must be an undergraduate student.
- Given the responsibilities of this position, only 15 hours a week of outside commitments are permitted (includes, but not limited to any employment, internships, research positions, teaching assistant positions, or educational opportunities including class requirements).
- No outside commitments from June 3 - 9, 2017 due to required training.
- Evening and weekend work is expected.
- Limited time off based on supervisor approval.
- Finalists receive a conditional offer of employment pending the outcome of a criminal background check.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-03-08:00
Job Posting Title:Sports Camp Assistant
Worker Sub-Type:Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.