The Program Assistant position offers an opportunity for undergraduate students to gain practical experience in fostering welcoming and inclusive living-learning communities through development and implementation of student activities for summer pre-college programs. There are over 800 events, activities, and off-site trips offered throughout the summer. The practical experience consists of two parts: intensive training led by professionals in student affairs and coordination through hands-on leadership experience.
Program Assistants play an instrumental role in providing enriching and educational experiences for pre-college students outside of the classroom. Program Assistants directly report to both the Leadership Institute Resident Director and the Activity Manager, both of whom are graduate students earning a Masterâ??s degree in Student Affairs.
- Must be an undergraduate student.
- Given the responsibilities of this position, only 15 hours a week of outside commitments are permitted (includes, but not limited to, any employment, internships, research positions, teaching assistant positions, or educational opportunities including class requirements). These hours cannot take place on Sundays.
- No outside commitments from June 3 - 23, 2017 due to required training.
- Ability to work outdoors with exposure to summer heat and humidity.
- Ability to lift loads of up to 20 lbs. and to stand for 2 hours at a time.
- Undergraduate students who are Program Assistants are considered employees for the duration of their employment, so are not permitted to have guests stay in their residential spaces. Employees will need to seek alternative housing options for guests.
- Evening and weekend work is expected.
- Permitted three 24-hour vacation days approved by supervisor.
- Finalists receive a conditional offer of employment pending the outcome of a criminal background check.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-03-08:00
Job Posting Title:Program Assistant, Leadership
Worker Sub-Type:Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.