NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Medical Assistant (35).
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for assisting physicians and nurses in providing patient care. Assists other healthcare professionals with exams and minor office procedures. Obtains vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate, height and weight and documents appropriately. Maintains supply inventory in exam rooms; cleans and sterilizes equipment
- Demonstrates skill in obtaining vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate, height and weight and documents appropriately.
- Ensures medical record availability and completeness.
- Maintains patient flow to and from exam/treatment area and to other areas as needed.
- Prepares patients for physical exams, procedures and treatments. Assists physician and health care personnel with examinations, procedures and treatments.
- May take laboratory specimens, including blood work, as needed.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of patient space, restocks supplies, linen, trays and instruments as needed.Notifies supervisor of any shortage of any supplies and linens.
- Assures completion of patient charge slips/encounter forms per policy.
- Maintain cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff in person and on the phone. Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Applies principles of infection control as outlined in infection control manual in the performance of patient care.
- Prepares any necessary equipment required, in advance for examination by physicians and/or health care personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Upon hire or entry into the position, must hold a current Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited institution
Prior medical assisting in an orthopedic or sports medicine setting
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.