| Job Description: |
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
This is a requirement to join the International Capital Management & Advisory team working closely with senior subject matter experts and involve in close partnership with Lines of Business, Risk & local CFO teams in Asia, as well as with specialist teams in the US. The candidate will need to build strong proactive working relationships across levels, functions & countries to operate effectively.
The role encompasses many aspects relating to capital in facing off to the Lines of Business in the Asia region, with a focus on capital impact advisory on new products, structured trades and efficient hedging strategies to ensure correct regulatory capital treatment. This will entail acquiring strong knowledge of the changing US capital regulations, as well as managing numerous deliveries with varying timelines whilst demonstrating appropriate challenge and due diligence.
Additionally, the candidate will need to keep abreast of changing capital regulations in Asia, understanding the variances with the US rules, and work with ECLM Policy for regulatory capital advice and interpretation, including new product and business initiatives approval, and be required to demonstrate appropriate challenge and due diligence. The LOB support is across asset classes and businesses. Products include interest rate, FX, equity and credit derivatives, securitization structures, repo style transactions, margin lending and other bespoke lending solutions
Candidate would also be responsible for providing relevant capital trainings for the APAC region as Capital subject matter expert to ensure consistent companywide training and knowledge sharing in the region. In addition, the candidate is expected to focus on comprehensive understanding on monthly RWA summary and presented to senior management upon request.
The candidate will also assist with legal entity capital management activities including IGL (internal capital guideline), ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment process) and other key capital management activities for key Asia legal entities.
- Provide business support, including coordination with legal, risk, finance & accounting policy teams, for capital implications of new products, live transactions and business initiatives
- Provide guidance and support for capital calculations in the Asia region, both pre transaction and post execution, ensuring smooth communication and effective working relationships
- Delivery of enterprise capital initiatives, capital training and bespoke education to the APAC region, including the capital impact of new regulations (US Basel Final rules) and implementation thereof within BAC.
- Comprehensive analysis of monthly RWA summary and present to senior management in Asia upon request
- Assist with legal entity capital management activities including IGL (internal capital guideline), ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment process) and other key capital management activities for key Asia legal entities.
- Strong knowledge of US Basel 3 (Standardized and Advanced) and BCBS capital regulations
- Knowledge of financial products and related pricing, additionally knowledge of VaR would be advantageous
- Knowledge of market risk, credit risk, operational risk advantageous
- Legal entity knowledge including IGL or ICAAP preferred
- APAC local capital regulation knowledge preferred
- Understanding of the RWA, capital instruments and capital reporting requirements would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Accounting rules, additionally differences between APAC local / US accounting rules would be advantageous
- Hardworking, detail-oriented, proactive and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environments
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 03/03/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40