|Minimum Qualifications: |
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
High school diploma or GED with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Thorough understanding of the financial aspects of retail including inventory management, terminology and practices, pricing strategies, analytics, benchmarks, and metrics
• Experience with marketing to include developing promotions, organizing events, merchandise planning, and analyzing results
• Experience supervising full-time and student employees in multiple departments, including training and performance management
• Experience with online order fulfillment
• Experience with vendor and distributor resources and familiar with terms of sale within the industry
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external University departments to meet business goals
• Demonstrated success with building collaborative and productive teams
The UNM Bookstore, located on campus in an adobe-style building at the intersection of Cornell and Central, NE, is owned and operated by the University of New Mexico. We are dedicated to supporting student success and enriching the lives of our campus and community. All proceeds from sales stay on campus.
UNM is located on a beautifully landscaped plot of land in the heart of Albuquerque, NM, featuring buildings inspired by adobe structures alongside Historic Route 66 (aka, Central Ave.). University staff enjoy an exceptional benefits package, including health insurance and retirement options, and a generous tuition remission program for employees and their dependents, including spouses/domestic partners and dependent children. There are 14 paid holidays for the 2016-2017 year, including winter break. The campus is minutes from Nob Hill, Historic Old Town, the Albuquerque Bio Park, the Sunport, Uptown, and Balloon Fiesta Park.
Albuquerque is a gem located at the crossroads of Interstates 40 and 25. Founded in 1706, the city embraces its rich history from Spanish colonial days and its Native American influences. This largest city in New Mexico is centrally located in the Land of Enchantment, with easy access to Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos, and Las Cruces. Albuquerque features a strong Arts community. Sport teams include UNM Lobo basketball, football and other sports, the Albuquerque Isotopes, and the Duke City Gladiators. Performing Arts organizations include music and dance groups. With an elevation of 5,312 and 278 days of sunshine per year, Albuquerque is the perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy the many bike paths and short commute times. New Mexico is home to national parks and forests, with camping and hiking opportunities as well as skiing and snowplay. Residence options range from modern suburban to mid-century neighborhoods and country living.